Highlighted
Explorer

Why Can't We Use Mint.com?!

Why Can't We Use Mint?!

I know this has been touched on recently, as well as throughout the past year or so, but BECU's Two Factor Authentication won't allow me to add my BECU account to Mint; Mint continously states "We're having trouble connecting. Please wait a little while and try again." I also know my username and password are correct.

What's the quickest and most efficient way to bypass this? Since Mint is owned by Intuit, I don't understand why we can't use it, especially when a BECU Admin rep mentioned (in another forum about this same issue, over a week ago) that we could use QuickBooks, which is also owned by Intuit, so.... ?

Thank you in advance.
22 REPLIES 22
Tourist

Mint.com Login?

I've seen some other, older posts about folks having issues connecting their BECU account to Mint.com, but they all looked like problems that were fixed. I'm new to BECU so this is my first time connecting and I keep getting a "We're having trouble connecting" error when I try to add my account. Username and password are correct—If I mistype something, I get a different error that says my username or password were incorrect. Any syggestions?

Sightseer

Re: Mint.com Login?

I had issues when I first started using Mint as well, and that was probably 2 or 3 years ago. I contacted Mint and they fixed their 'syncing' issue after I filled out the complaint form. I think it took a week or so, though.
Tourist

Just reached out to Mint:

"Upon checking, unfortunately, we see that the data connectivity team has disabled support for with Boeing Employees Credit Union (BECU) due to technical reasons

At this time, we cannot say with certainty if/when they will re-enable support and invite you to check back with us periodically."

That's a pretty big bummer. 
Community Manager

Sorry you’re having trouble with Mint connecting to your accounts with us. I, too, use third party services that lose connection occasionally and I understand how frustrating it is when you can’t get the information you need when you need it. You may be aware that we made changes earlier this year that tightened security for our members. In the ever-changing cyber security world we now live, BECU is obligated to implement additional online security measures to protect our members from malicious attempts to obtain personal and account information online. Adding Two Factor Authentication was one of the ways we increased security and it can inhibit third party websites from logging in to obtain information from BECU Online Banking sessions. Currently, BECU is officially only compatible with Quicken and QuickBooks, meaning that if our members have any service issues with those products we can work directly with them to open service tickets for resolution. While we don’t have the same partnership with other third party websites, like Mint, we’re able to do some troubleshooting to see what can be done to resolve the connectivity issues you’re experiencing. Our Technical Support Analysts are well versed in these types of interactions and will be the best resource for troubleshooting these connectivity questions for you. Thanks! JohnS
Tourist

Quicken and Quickbooks are both Intuit products, as is Mint. This has been going on for a few months now with the other software we were using for the past few years, Mvelopes. We began researching new budgeting software tonight to see what else would work. Should we be researching other institutions that work with the software we want to use? I’ve been a member for about 25 years, but this is starting to not look so good.

Explorer

Re: Why Can't We Use Mint.com?!

I'm in the same boat. I was able to add my BECU accounts about a month ago, but they stopped syncing. I thought I would delete and readd my accounts, but BECU no longer shows up in the account setup page. I only see an option for BECU - ShareBuilder account, and my login does not work with this. I would really like this to be fixed ASAP. Mint integration was one of the primary reasons I even considered an account with BECU.

Explorer

I too see the "Boeing Employees Credit Union - ShareBuilder" selection via Mint.com; not sure if that's the one we're supposed to select, as I'm not sure what the "ShareBuilder" part is all about; but, it's the only available BECU related option we appear to have, and my typical login doesn't work with this ShareBuilder option either.

I really hope BECU and Mint can work together ASAP to get this resolved.

And if any BECU Admin / Reps. are seeing this, please feel free to chime in at any time with troubleshooting alternatives.  :-)

Community Manager

Hi All- Thanks for the continued conversation around these connection issues. We’ve learned that although Mint is an Intuit product they are a separate company from Quickbooks/Quicken and have different internal operations. Unfortunately, right now we don’t have a “formal” relationship with Mint. With that said, our digital expert has reached out to Mint support today, requesting better and further clarification on what technical issues are preventing them from supporting BECU. We’ll definitely follow up with more details when we get them to share what we know. JohnS
Explorer

Thank you, John!  Yes, please keep us posted with any new developments with BECU's relationship with Mint, as well as when that might become a reality.  :-)