mlb
Sightseer

Unable to connect to BECU using 3rd party financial applications.

I'm evaluating two financial tracking systems (You Need A Budget (YNAB) and eMoneyAdvisor.com as provided through our financial planner).  Both are chronically having problems working with BECU.  YNAB is a little bit better at fixing the connection when it breaks, although for the last three days they've had a connection broken notice for BECU.  eMoneyAdvisor, on the otherhand, stopped working in late January or early Feburary and hasn't been fixed yet - it's getting on two months now with no success.  I have customer service for both eMoneyAdvisor and BECU, and both blame the other.  I suspect it's BECU's 2FA that's getting in the way.  Looking over the forums, it seems like this is a chronic problem with BECU for the past few years.

Please fix this and provide a stable gateway for 3rd party banking applications!  We've been satisfied customers of BECU for nearly 20 years, and would prefer not to leave.  However, if you can't work with modern financial tools, then you're not a viable product for us any more and we will move elsewhere.  I'm quickly running out of patience.  Other institutions can do this (we have accounts at two other credit unions), why can't BECU?

3 REPLIES 3
Sightseer

Re: Unable to connect to BECU using 3rd party financial applications.

This is an annoying ongoing issue. I was using the Digit app to put away money for me for about two years when suddenly I started having connection issues with BECU. I ended up having to get rid of the app, even though it was really helpful. Yesterday, I downloaded the Albert app hoping it would be more stable but it’s already disconnected 3 times since then. Very frustrating. They need to let us have an “Always Allow” list that does not require 2FA. This can be set up over the phone similarly to how you set up Apple Pay.
Sightseer

I am having the same problem!

I want to use a money saving app but all of them have the same signup system using something called Plaid. I contacted several of them (Qapital and Digit) and they said, due to techincal issues, they don't connect with BECU anymore as of feb and they don't know when they will again. Sucks so much! Love BECU for so many other things but if this doesn't get resolved i'm switching. 

Apparently there used the be a fix you could do where if you remove the text varification it'll work, but that hasn't worked either. 

Tourist

Agreed, I'm having trouble with this too