Tourist

Is the level of customer service dropping at BECU?

Don't get me wrong, it's better than many, but I've had several instances recently where I did not particularly feel like a "valued" member. 

• ATM shut down while taking my cash.  It took close to two months to resolve. I kept having to follow up and no one kept in touch with me. I
  • I lost my ATM card and was sent the wrong replacement.
  • I sent in two questions about CDs.  Instead of answering, was politely told to: "look it up yourself," and "that's not my department."
  • I fill out this form, then I get an error message telling me to log in? If I need to be logged in, why allow me to fill out the forms?  It’s like, “Gotcha." 
It no longer feels that anyone keeps the customer in mind.  I always thought that Customer Care should stay in touch during a problem, answer a question in the fastest way possible own the problem and make it easy. 
Is it that hard to find and train people how to be helpful?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Is the level of customer service dropping at BECU?

Hi @ryqqi Let me start by apologizing for my delayed response. I'm also sorry this has been your experience with us and appreciate your candid remarks. What you described sounds incredibly frustrating and I want to make sure that all of your questions have been taken care of. Please dont' hesitate to shoot me a private message if you have any outstanding concerns. Thank you. JohnS

Adventurer

I called once, messaged few times. I had a good experience so far. But then again I’m new to BECU and I’m coming from Wells Fargo and Chase.
Community Manager

@Red6789 Welcome to BECU and the MIX. We are glad you're here! -Reiners

Tourist

I receive great customer service, I haven't noticed the quality going down at all, although wait times may be longer at peak times & that is to be expected with increased membership. The value is worth the wait!