Trailblazer

BECU App -- decrease number of SMS verification requests

After a recent upgrade to the BECU mobile app, I am required to enter a one-time verification code practically every time I open the app -- even though Face-ID is enabled. While I understand the need for security, the constant requirenment to wait for a new SMS vericaition code every time I open the app is a bit over the top.

Is there a way to better balance security vs usabality. This is a major issue when there are network or connectivity issues with my cell provider or when I am traveling abroad.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: BECU App -- decrease number of SMS verification requests

@wakeroh Sorry the verification texts have been over the top lately. While we take your security very seriously, what you've described isn't the desired experience. A number of things could be causing this, including a recent glitch that our digital team is currently working to resolve with our vendor. I recommend calling us directly and ask to speak with a Technical Support Analyst who can help get this sorted out for you. You can reach us at 800-233-2328. Thanks! JohnS

Adventurer

I have the same issue. 9/10 times I get asked for text verification.

Update:
The issue seems to resolve and come back. Hopefully after next update it will be fixed eventually.
Sightseer

@JohnS  I just joined BECU and am noticing 100% of my logins to the mobile app require sms verification. Logging into the desktop site doesn't do this.

It's incredibly annoying and it's about to be a deal breaker for me

Adventurer

I had the same issue for about 4 weeks after joining BECU. Eventually the app learns and right now I am only asked for verification once every time I travel.