Sightseer

I have to put savings in other banks to get a decent rate. When will BECU step up?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: I have to put savings in other banks to get a decent rate. When will BECU step up?

I'm not BECU.  I'm just another member.  I have also had to do this.  I'm not sure BECU will be able to compete w/ online savings accounts, but that's where the majority of my money goes to be saved.  They don't have physical banks to drive up to, and they save overhead because of it.  If anything, I would like to see BECU provide more competitive CD options for saving.  Just my 2 cents!

Adventurer

Re: I have to put savings in other banks to get a decent rate. When will BECU step up?is

BECU unlike Discover, Ally, Alliant and other online only banks, has a lot more overhead. However BECU rates are not too bad. Their 36 month CD is 2.68% which is comparable to 12 month CD in Alliant. Their money market gives 1% which is kind of low but not as terrible as say Chase. I would like to see better rates in Money Market accounts or at least better rates on their 12 month CDs.