cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sightseer

BECU Not Working on Chromebook?

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure who I should go to for this issue, but I recently got a chromebook and love it. However, when I go to check BECU on it, the site won't load.

I checked, and the diagnosis ranges from a DNS error to unable to ping gateway to everything being totally fine. I've done the only thing I've managed to find from google, and that's switching from regular servers to google servers. I've had this problem on three different wifi signals, and every time my phone has been fine reaching the mobile site on said wifi. The only thing in common is a) BECU being the site, and b) my chromebook. I'll try using the Asus chat again soon, and maybe book an appointment with the geek squad, but is there anything I'm missing?

This is driving me crazy!

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: BECU Not Working on Chromebook?

Hi @average_a welcome to the MIX. I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing the BECU site on your new Chromebook. We're aware that some members are receiving error messages on the site and our IT team is assessing the cause. In the meantime, please try clearing your browser history and cache and restarting a new session. If that doesn't help, we've found that using a different browser altogether may allow successful logins (other members report that Firefox seems to work the most consistently). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 800-233-2328 and ask to speak with one of our Technical Support Analysts. Thanks! JohnS

Highlighted
JE
Trailblazer

I love my Chromebook, too! In case it's useful to help diagnose your problem, I have no problems accessing and using BECU's website on mine--so it's certainly possible. 

Sightseer

Thank you for the quick response! Is there anyone I should talk to to "offically" report the bug, or is this enough?

Community Manager

Hi @average_a. Its best to call and speak with our Technical Support Analysts; they have access to log tickets and track progress. You can reach us at 800-233-2328. Thanks. JohnS

Sightseer

I've gotten BECU site to work on a Chromebook by opening an Incognito Window, and then logging in.

I've tried clearing cookies and cache, and that does not seem to work for the normal browser tab.

Sightseer

I don’t have a chromebook, but I have the same problem accessing the site on chrome in windows 10. It’s been more than a year since I switched to using ms edge instead, which allows me to access the site just fine